Wanna bet on tennis handicap? Here’s the perfect guide for you. Learn how does tennis handicap betting work at 10CRIC India & get 150% up to ₹30,000 cash bonus!
Tennis handicap betting is one of the most popular & interesting tennis betting markets, and in the article below we’ll explain what a tennis handicap is and how you can profit from it.
Introduction to tennis handicap betting
Before we start off, it’s important to let the reader know that tennis handicap betting is the same as spread betting. The word “spread betting” is more popular in the United States, but “handicap” is more common in Europe.
Tennis handicap betting is basically used to balance the possibilities of 2 tennis players winning. In a tennis match, handicap betting provides one player an advantage and the other a disadvantage(handicap).
Consider a tennis match between Player 1 and Player 2
- 10CRIC India may give a price on Player 2 with a handicap of +3.5.
- In simple handicap tennis betting terminology, this indicates that Player 2 gets a +3.5 game head start.
- When the match is over, the bet winner is the player who has played the most games after the handicap has been applied.
- The outcome of the game isn’t important here.
So, in order for your bet to be successful, Player 2 does not have to win the match.
How does tennis handicap betting work?
Consider match betting, in which you must wager on the final outcome of a match, such as that between Caroline Gracia vs Anna Bondar.
The majority of people will back Gracia, but the odds on her are only 1.39, making it difficult for punters to profit while betting on Anna Bondar is too shaky. This difficulty can be solved, and you can still wager on your favorite with fair betting odds. We’re talking about tennis handicap betting, which is different from betting on the outcome of a tennis match. Explore the best 8 ways how to win money being on tennis.
Example 1: Scenario in your favor
Player 1 (favorite) beats Player 2 (the underdog) by a score of 6-3, 2-4, 6-5.
- The match was won by Player 1 by a score of 2 sets to 1, but who won the most games?
- Player 1 won 15 games, but Player 2 won 12 games as well.
However, after applying the handicap of +3.5, Player 2 has 15.5 games and wins the bet.
Example 2: Scenario against you
Player 2 wins the match by a score of 6-7, 6-0,6-7.
- Here the underdog (player 2) wins by 2 sets to 1 but what about most games?
- Player 1 won 18 games, while player 2 won 14 games only.
Even when the handicap is applied, player 2 only has 17.5 games. So, despite winning the match, player 2 did not win the most games, even when the handicap is applied.
2 Types of tennis handicap betting
The positive & negative handicaps are the two forms of handicap betting. For more such beneficial guides, follow all the updates at our 10CRIC betting tips.
1. Positive – In positive handicap betting, the weaker player is given a positive handicap, such as +2.5, +3.5 games, and so on.
- When the final score is calculated, the positive handicap is added to the final score of the weaker player, and the bet is calculated based on the handicap score.
2. Negative – In a negative handicap, the stronger player is given a negative handicap (disadvantage), such as -2.5.
- The result of the bet is determined by subtracting this negative handicap from the stronger player’s total games won at the end of the match.
3 Different tennis handicap betting at 10CRIC India
Let’s quickly look at some of the available tennis handicap bets at 10CRIC sports India. Below are the best types, their odds, and their outcome. Tennis handicap betting is also known as Tennis spread betting.
#1. Game handicap – In this type of bet, the final points of each set are summed up and then handicap is applied to predict the bet winner.
Game handicap (0.5)
- Case 1: You win this bet if Bondar wins the game after reducing Gracis’a score by 0.5.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Bondar’s final score is more than Gracia after adding 0.5 to Bondar.
Game handicap (1.5)
- Case 1: You win this bet if Bondar wins the game after reducing Gracis’a score by 1.5.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Bondar’s final score is more than Gracia after adding 1.5 to Bondar.
Game handicap (2.5)
- Case 1: You win this bet if Bondar wins the game after reducing Gracis’a score by 2.5.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Bondar’s final score is more than Gracia after adding 2.5 to Bondar.
#2. Set handicap – Here game points are not important, but only the total number of set winners is considered.
- Case 1: You win this bet if Gracia wins the max set after applying a +1.5 handicap to Gracia.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Gracia wins the max set after applying a -1.5 handicap to Bondar.
- Case 1: You win this bet if Bondar wins the max set after applying -1.5 handicap to Gracia.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Bondar wins the max set after applying a +1.5 handicap to Bondar.
#3. 1st set handicap – In this type of bet, the handicap is applied only on the score of the 1st set.
1st set handicap(1.5)
- Case 1: You win this bet if Gracia wins the 1st set after applying a +1.5 handicap to Gracia.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Gracia wins the 1st set after applying a -1.5 handicap to Bondar.
- Case 1: You win this bet if Bondar wins the 1st set after applying -1.5 handicap to Gracia.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Bondar wins the 1st set after applying a +1.5 handicap to Bondar.
1st set handicap(2.5)
- Case 1: You win this bet if Bondar wins the 1st set after applying a -2.5 handicap to Gracia.
- Case 2: You win this bet if Bondar wins the 1st set after applying a +2.5 handicap to Bondar.
How to bet on tennis handicap at 10CRIC in 3 steps
Hope you are now familiar with what is tennis handicap betting, it’s working and what are the various tennis handicap bets available at 10CRIC. Let’s quickly learn how to get started with 10CRIC tennis handicap betting in 3 steps.
Step 1: Log in to your account at 10CRIC
- To wager on tennis handicap betting for real money, newbies must first create an account at the 10CRIC Signup.
- Then log in to your account and select the Sports tab from the menu bar.
Step 2: Choose a tennis league and a favorite match
- On the left side, you’ll see a variety of sports, select Tennis.
- Select your desired events from the drop-down menu.
- Choose WTA and between Gracia Caroline vs Anna Bondar
- To view only tennis handicap odds, pick Game on hdp from the top right corner. If you find 10CRIC tennis handicap betting a bit confusing then you may wager on 1×2 tennis betting, the simplest of all.
Step 3: Begin betting on the tennis handicap market
- Let’s wager on game handicap on the WTA match between Caroline Gracia vs Anna Bondar.
- We’ll go with Bondar Anna (+3.5) because we know Gracia is the favorite and so the underdog needs more points.
- To open the betting slip, click on Bondar Anna (+3.5) with odds at 1.76.
- A minimum stake of ₹5 is required to qualify your bets.
- Enter ₹100 in the wager box and click Place Bets.
- Remember, if you win, you get ₹176, but if you lose, you lose the ₹100 you wagered.
10CRIC promotion – 150% cash bonus up to ₹30,000
Did you know that when gamblers make their 1st deposit at 10CRIC India, they are eligible for the 10CRIC welcome bonus?
So make a minimum deposit of ₹1,000 to receive a 150% welcome bonus up to ₹30,000. With extra cash on top of your deposit, you’re already a winner at 10CRIC. Start betting at 10CRIC tennis handicap betting to make more cash online.
The ultimate outcome isn’t as essential in tennis handicap betting as it is in other sports. A player can lose a match but still win the most games, or a player can win a match but lose the most games. Now that you have a thorough understanding of how does tennis handicap betting work, you can utilize this knowledge to develop handicap predictions and identify high-value underdogs and win great prizes only at 10CRIC India!