Is online Roulette legal in India? Know the truth via the Public Gambling Act of 1867 & discover 3 safe places to play roulette online: Dafabet, Betway & 10CRIC.
About Online Roulette: Devil’s Wheel
In olden times, card and board games were one of the few sources of entertainment. Interestingly enough, these games still prevail in today’s world and have been made more accessible through online live casinos. The infamous Devil’s Wheel game, Roulette, is one of the most played online casino games worldwide and is known for its fast-paced fun rounds and many betting options.
Roulette is one such prominent game that has been around for a while and has thus, gained a lot of variations across countries, like American Roulette, Indian Roulette, European Roulette, etc. However, the main question arises, is online Roulette legal in India? If it isn’t then how can we know for sure? Let’s find out with Kric88!
Is Playing Online Roulette a Fraud Act?
Before we look into whether or not online roulette is legal in India, let us first understand whether playing Roulette is a fraud act not. A fraud act is something you purposely commit against certain prescribed rules by a legal entity which is often times subjected to a penalty. In other words, fraudulent activities are often deceiving. Interestingly, most casino games require this act of deceiving as important skill players must have, however, this does not mean they are a fraud.
- The reason why this question arises is that Casinos, regardless of whether they are online or offline, have been looked down upon because many people tend to spend lots of money on them and even develop addictions.
- However, the underlying cause of this is simply because these casino games are all interesting to play and this also applies to Roulette.
- Thus, people tend to avoid playing casino games and some countries even ban it to avoid unnecessary addictions.
- So, the only bad thing that could happen is that you may develop an addiction when playing amazing games like Roulette.
However, if you have the skill to play Roulette or any other casino games, then you should not hold yourself back because playing Roulette is definitely not a fraud act but is roulette a fair game? It depends…
Is Online Roulette Legal in India?
This brings us to the main and important part of the article wherein you can figure out whether online Roulette is legal in India or not. The legality of Casinos and Gambling in India is very blurred as these things operate even though they are shunned. Thus, there are some Roulette sites that operate legally while some operate illegally in India.
Yes, the legality of Roulette online is pretty complicated which is why playing Roulette online is almost equal to the risks you take when betting money on the table. However, we urge you to read further and deduce the final answer for yourself.
The Public Gambling Act of 1867 in India
In 1867 in India, a public gambling act was passed which implemented punishment to those who own as well as indulge in gambling with a penalty of ₹100 and up to 3 months in prison. However, since gambling is more of a state issue, this act applied to some areas across India. For instance, states like Goa operate many casinos which are sort of tourist attractions.
However, this act has not been amended since 1867 and continues to remain outdated, thus, because of rapid growth in technology and accessibility, people have been using online casinos to play Roulette.
- In short, if any online Roulette site is created in India, then it may be illegal. However, in order to play Roulette legally, it is best to choose a site that is regulated by a foreign company.
- Perhaps the best way to avoid getting caught in legalities is to use online live casinos that operate under foreign companies, especially when you have a talent and many Roulette tricks to win online.
How to be sure the online Roulette you play is Legal?
By now you know that Online Roulette is legal, however, this heavily depends on the game’s provider, the site. This means that in order for Roulette to be legal in India, it is important that the site it is played should also be legalized. Additionally, it also becomes our responsibility to find out which site is legal and which is not before playing Roulette online. Here are 3 ways you can know:
- Check for Site Safety: The first thing you must do is check whether the connection of the site is secure or not. This can be done by clicking on the tiny lock icon beside the site’s link on your browser. Safe sites usually have the status “Connection is Secure”, as well as a link to their SSL certificate.
- Look for the License: Another important thing to be sure about is the official license of the online casino provider. One glance at this should be enough to tell you a lot about the legality of the site. To find this, you must scroll to the bottom of the page, or directly ask the customer care agents there to send you a link. This is not enough, once you have acquired a copy of the license, you must research to determine whether it is legit or not.
- More than one transaction option: Lastly, it is also important to check all the available transaction options. Be sure that these options are well-known and widely used such as UPI. If they only have some private transaction connection then it is wise to choose another betting site with more popular transaction options.
These 3 points will help you find an online betting site you can feel safe and secure with. Using these, we have shortlisted 3 such sites below.
Top 3 Best Sites to Play Online Roulette in India
These 3 sites are considered to be the top gambling sites used by many Indian bettors. Upon registering at any of the 3 sites, you will find that they are not only fully legalized sites but also completely safe to play at. Additionally, these sites are known to give out amazing welcome bonus offers as well as ensure responsible gaming.
No. 1: Play Online Roulette at Dafabet
Taking the No. 1 spot, we have Dafabet, one of India’s most popular online betting sites.
- Dafabet is home to many games as well as bettors as it is one of the most active online betting sites in India.
- Thus, to keep this status it ensures that its customers feel fully satisfied as well as safe by providing them with quality games and top-notch security, making it a completely safe site to use.
- Dafabet’s owners, the company Osmila N.V. is provided with a license by Antillephone License Validation. This is authorized and regulated by the Government of Curacao.
Thus, Dafabet is the second best legal site you can use in India to play online Roulette.
No. 2: Legally Play Online Roulette at 10CRIC
Next up, we have 10CRIC, which offers not only quality products at a less price but only some of the craziest bonus deals.
- Like others, 10CRIC also adheres to its terms and conditions strictly as well as follows a high-security protocol that takes serious actions against any fraudulent activity.
- With its reputable status, it promotes customer satisfaction and ensures responsible gaming by making sure the players do not spend a huge amount from their own pockets by giving them some of the greatest 10CRIC welcome bonuses.
- 10CRIC’s owner company, Chancier B.V., is officially licensed by Curacao e-Gaming License Validation. They have an official email ID as well as official registered 10CRIC websites.
Thus, 10CRIC, like Betway and Dafabet, is a completely legal site to play online Roulette. Besides using their bonus offers would also help you spend less money.
No. 3: Use Betway to Boost Your Roulette Skills
Taking third place is Betway, which is a pretty good site, especially for beginners.
- Betway is known to be famous because of not only its prominent sponsors but also its ability to uphold its terms and conditions.
- The most important aspect of Betway is that it is a completely safe site to use, so you can just visit Betway’s site and explore all the amazing things about it yourself.
- Betway is a completely legal site to play online Roulette in India. They have been legally authorized by the Dynamic Seal of Authorization by Malta Gaming Authority.
Thus, they operated and are regulated under legal terms, with their reach all over Asia, including India. So, playing Online Roulette at Betway is legal in India.
With this, we can conclude that the answer to the question “is online Roulette legal?” is not really straightforward. In the end, it depends upon your interpretation of the laws and what is going on online. We suggest that you use any of the 3 aforementioned sites to play roulette online because these are not only legal but also would help you save a lot of money, as Roulette bets start from ₹5 here. That being said, if you have Roulette skills then be sure to let them shine.